The Bursill’s Shop was first opened in 1842 by William Bursill as a general store. A 2 storey sandstone building done in the Georgian Style, it was sold to William Fowler in 1850, who added space for a Post Office.
As with other buildings of this time period, there are cast iron lace panels on the balustrade, while the columns are turned timber. The large 12 paned windows on the ground floor were very much of being a part of a shop - for window shopping.
The building is now owned and used by the Benevolent Society of NSW.
Find and Book Sydney Australia Hotels Hotels in Sydney.
Search the Australia Tourist Guide