Lively at night, with lots of chances to eat and shop during the day.
Things to Do and See
Spending two days in Sydney, four, or even a week? Here are some great activities and things to do suggestions for your Sydney travel plans.
Two Days Itinerary in Sydney
- Sydney Opera House - No visit to Sydney would be complete with a good look at the Opera House. See Sydney Opera House Map.
- Fort Denison Heritage Tour (book at Cadman’s Cottage Historic Site) or Harbour Cruise from Circular Quay - Our harbour is one of, if not the most, beautiful city harbour in the world.
- Lunch at The Rocks. The Rocks
- Take a Rocks tour or explore yourself. Attractions at The Rocks
- Harbour Bridge Pylon Lookout or even BridgeClimb for the full experience.
- Shopping at the Rocks. Shopping
- Manly Beach Manly Beach.
- Lunch at Darling Harbour Darling Harbour.
- Visit the Wildlife Centre and/or the Sydney Aquarium, the Powerhouse Museum and/or the National Maritime Museum. Darling Harbour Attractions.
- Panasonic IMAX.
- Harbourside shopping at Darling Harbour.
Four Days in Sydney
Include the two days previous activities and
- Watsons Bay Walk
- Lunch at Watsons Bay
- Bondi swim, walk and dinner. Bondi Beach.
Seven Days in Sydney
Include the four days previous activities and
- The Blue Mountains. Try a Blue Mountains Walkabout tour featuring aboriginal culture and dreamtime stories, and walk along the stunning Blue Mountains from an Aboriginal perspective. Visit the lookout at Katoomba. A number of Blue Mountains sightseeing tours are available from Circular Quay in the city. More about the Blue Mountains.
- The Northern Beaches. Northern Beaches
- Lunch at one of the many beaches along the way.
- Explore Kuringai National Park.
- Pittwater and Hawkesbury River cruise, or take a joy flight.
- The Hunter Valley wine region. Go ballooning or horse-riding in the morning and visit some of the cellar doors at the many renowned Australian wine growers operating here. Have lunch or dinner at one of the many gourmet restaurants featuring world cuisines made from local produce, some with extensive Hunter Valley wine lists. Hunter Valley Wine Region.
See Greater Sydney Map - Sydney CBD Attractions.