Queensland Aboriginal Tours and Experiences, Australia
Queensland has some wonderful tours and experiences conducted by indigenous guides, whose people have lived here for many thousands of years that take you away from the usual tourist spots to places walked by very few. There are also cultural centres, museums to visit and you can find some wonderful authentic art and creations in the art galleries available for purchase to take back home.
The tours and experiences available encourage understanding of indigenous culture, as well as about the land, the animals and plants. Plants, of course, were not only a food source but also for medicines, health and well being.
Some of the many indigenous tours in Queensland:
- Near Cooktown: Visit the beauty and wonder of Tropical North Queensland with three different tours, Cooya Beach, Wujal Wujal and high in the hills of Cooktown The Bama Way.
- Near Cairns: A cultural journey into World Heritage Listed rainforest, as well as a host of different indigenous experiences with Spirit of the Rainforest Aboriginal Tours.
- Brisbane has the Aboriginal Tribe Riverlife Mirrabooka, you can also enjoy the Yuggera Aboriginal Dancers at Kangaroo Point. They also cater for private adventure tours Aboriginal Tribe Riverlife Mirrabooka.
- Just north of Rockhampton: At the Dreamtime Centre there are different tours, including self-guided, available. Experience the Didgeridoo, Dance, Boomerangs, the culture and knowledge of life giving plants with Dreamtime Centre Tours.
- On the Gold Coast: guides enthrall visitors with the history, culture, and lifestyle of the traditional Aboriginal land owners, and the unique plants and animals Natural Bridge Glow Worm Tour.
- There are day and night tours available at the Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park Spirit of the Rainforest Aboriginal Tours.
Queensland Indigenous Cultural Centres
- The Quinkan and Regional Cultural Centre near Cooktown on Cape York provides tourist information on attractions, accommodation and important travelling conditions within Quinkan Country and throughout the Cape York Peninsula. They also sell authentic regional Aboriginal arts and crafts and provide tours to world famed Aboriginal rock art galleries. Quinkan and Regional Cultural Centre
- Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park has more than tours, it is also largest indigenous cultural park in Australia. Experience Tjapukai people culture with dance, music and storytelling in a day or night tour. Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park.
- Hope Vale Arts & Cultural Centre and the Nganthanun Bamawi Bayan Gallery involves local Aboriginal people passing on the skills and cultural traditions, as well as providing teaching of the Guguu Yimithirr language. Hope Vale Arts & Cultural Centre.
Exploring Indigenous NSW - NSW Aboriginal Tours, Art Galleries and Cultural Centres.
Tourist map of the state of Queensland, showing cities, towns, places to go and national parks Map of Queensland.
Accommodation in desert regions include caravan parks, camp sites, hotels and coastal and desert resorts.
Main Photo: Indigenous tours can take you to places few have walked. Photo by James Fisher
Search the Australia Tourist Guide