Quaint villages nested on beaches by crystal-clear waters. Enjoy the beaches of the South Coast and lush bushlands as well as fine gourmet dining, art galleries, antique shops, fishing and water sports.
This region has numerous scenic drives. Even getting here provides stunning views of the NSW coast, while the Royal National Park, Nattai NP, Budderoo NP and Morton NP that you pass through all have their charms. A short distance away is Kangaroo Valley, a restored historical and eco district of natural beauty in the Southern Highlands. One of the south coast attractions there is the Hamden Bridge, a medieval style bridge and the oldest surviving suspension bridge in Australia.
- Wollongong - an hours drive from Sydney, with the largest Buddhist Temple in Australia - Nan Tien Buddhist Temple. There are beaches to suit every taste, many patrolled by some of Australia’s best lifesavers.
- Royal National Park.
- Shellharbour - The Farm surfspot in Killalea State Park is world famous. Surrounded by three natural reserves well worth exploring.
- Jambaroo Park - a fun day out for the whole family.
- Minnamurra Rainforest.
- Gerringong and Gerroa beaches.
See more about Illawarra Illawarra NSW.
- Seven mile beach - also great for fishing.
- Jervis Bay - famous for pristine beaches and dolphins.
- Nowra - near Kangaroo Valley.
- Berry - historic township.
- Milton, Ulladulla, Mollymook, Narrawallee, Burrill Lake and Lake Tabourie - seaside towns.
- Murramang National Park.
See more about the Shoalhaven Shoalhaven NSW South Coast.
Shoalhaven Beaches and Hinterland Photos South Coast Beaches, Places and Surrounds Shoalhaven NSW.
- Batesmans Bay - succulent Clyde river oysters, numerous art galleries, Batesmans Bay Museum and the Shell Museum.
- Mogo Zoo at Mogo, and the Heritage Park. Go horseriding, visit the Old Mogo Town Gold Rush theme park.
- Tomakin, Mossy Point and Broulee - Seaside villages.
- Narooma - famous for its fishing, charter a boat - take a National Parks and Wildlife tour of Montague Island Nature Reserve, Spring is best for whale watching.
- Central Tilba and Tilba Tilba - at the foot of Mount Dromedary, see the Foxglove Spire Gardens, sample the many cheeses made at the historic cheese factory.
See more about Eurobodalla Eurobodalla NSW.
Sapphire Coast - 6 hour drive from Sydney NSW
- Wallega Lake.
- Bega - famous for its cheeses. Check out the Grevillea Estate Winery.
- Bermagui - famous for big game fish and game fishing, with charter boats and hire boats available.
- Mimosa National Park - rugged and scenic coast views.
- Eden - old whaling town - check out the whale museum.
- Boydtown - great views of the coast all the way to Victoria.
See photos and more about the beautiful Sapphire Coast Sapphire Coast NSW.
Map of NSW
Sydney Australia Places
About Sydney Places to Visit Sydney Places.
For Sydney beachside hotels, motels and other accommodation Sydney Hotels.